About the subclass 101 Child visa
This visa allows a child of an Australian permanent resident who is currently outside Australia to come to Australia to live with their parents.
The Child visa subclass 101 is a permanent visa and allows your child to live permanently in Australia.
A Child visa subclass 101 lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely.
If a child is younger than 18 years of age a parent may apply on behalf of the child.
To be eligible to sponsor a child for a Child Visa Subclass 101 a parent must be:
- an Australian citizen, or
- an Australian permanent resident, or
- an eligible New Zealand citizen. (An eligible New Zealand citizen a New Zealand citizen who was living in Australia on 26 February 2001 or for at least one year in the two years immediately before 26 February 2001)
The visa application must be lodged outside Australia and the child must be outside Australia when the visa application is decided.
Criteria to be met for the Child visa subclass 101
To be eligible for a subclass 101 Child visa, a child must be:
- sponsored by their parent or their parent's partner
- younger than 18 years of age, or:
- a full-time student between 18 and 25 years of age, or
- 18 or older and unable to work due to a disability and dependent on the sponsoring parent.
A child younger than 18 years of age must be single and not engaged to be married.
The child can include their own dependent children in this application.
The child must be:
- the biological child or adopted child of the sponsoring parent
- a step child who has not turned 18 of a step-parent who is no longer the partner of the child's parent but has a legal responsibility to care for the child.
An adopted child must have been adopted before their parent became an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
Australian Express Migration Solutions
Australian Express Migration Solutions has a team of visa experts who can help with your child’s visa application. Our migration services are available Australia wide, so if you need an immigration lawyer in Sydney, Perth and Melbourne, you can rely on Australian Express Migration Solutions to secure your child’s visa for you.
Call Australian Express Migration Solutions on +61 39002 1808 or complete our contact form which you'll find here and we'll arrange a consultation to assess your prospects of success with this Australian Visa. (Fees apply).
WHY USE AUSTRALIAN EXPRESS MIGRATION SOLUTIONS TO APPLY FOR SUBCLASS 101 CHILD VISA VISA?
Australian Express Migration Solutions is a firm of migration agents, based in Melbourne
Australian Express Migration Solutions has a team of parent visa experts who can help you with your Child visa application.
Contact us now to speak to a Migration Agent who can handle your Aged Dependent Relative visa application for you.
Our migration services are available Australia-wide, so if you need a Migration Agent in Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Hobart, Brisbane or the world, you can rely on Australian Express Migration Solutions to secure your visa for you.
Our team of migration agents are completely dedicated to helping you achieve your dream of your Child living in Australia with you.
As one of the most experienced and trusted migration consultancies in the country, Australian Express Migration Solution ’s team of migration agents have established an enviable reputation.
Talk to the immigration firm you can trust to get that visa for you.
Using a successful firm of Migration Agents gives you peace of mind your application will succeed
While it is not the goal of the Department of Immigration to make applying for a visa complex it does have an obligation to ensure that visas are only granted to applicants who meet the criteria for the visa.
Australian immigration laws and requirements change on a regular basis and the Department of Immigration’s interpretation of those laws changes even more frequently, which means the criteria for a visa can change from one day to the next.
Handling your own visa application involves considerable risk when you consider the financial cost and the implications for your work and residency rights if your application fails. One error, however small, can lead to a visa being refused.
Use a Registered Migration Agent to ensure your application is handled professionally
Anyone providing migration advice in Australia must be an OMARA registered migration agent and must comply with the OMARA Code of Conduct.
All Australian Express Migration Solutions’s Migration Agents are OMARA registered and comply with this Code of Conduct.
We are experts in our field and know exactly what it takes to get your visa for you.
Get in touch with the experts today! We are waiting to hear from you.
Call Australian Express Migration Solutions on +61 39002 1808 or book a consultation online and we’ll assess your prospects of success with this visa type (Fees apply).
HOW CAN A CHILD OVER 18 QUALIFY FOR A CHILD VISA?
How can a child over 18 qualify for a subclass 101 Child visa:
There are two scenarios where a child over 18 can meet the criteria for a child visa;
The child is a full time student aged between 18 and 25.
A child between 18 and 25 years of age who does not have a disability will meet the criteria for a subclass 101 permanent child visa provided:
- they have never have a spouse or de facto partner
- they are not engaged to be married
- they do not work full-time
- they are a full-time student.
To be a full-time student, the child must:
- be currently enrolled and participating in a full-time course of study leading to a professional, trade or vocational qualification
- have started that course since turning 18 years of age or within six months or a reasonable time after finishing school.
The child must be a full-time student when they apply for this visa.
Any gaps of more than six months between the final year of school and tertiary studies must be explained.
The child has a disability.
A child with a disability is eligible for this visa if:
- they are not engaged, married or have a de facto partner
- they are not in full-time work
- they are dependent on the sponsoring parent. Disability means that the child has total or partial loss of their bodily or mental functions, and they are unable to work because of it. To be dependent they must be reliant on the sponsoring parent for financial support because they are not able to work due to their disability.
Australian Express Migration Solution – Migration Agents
Australian Express Migration Solutions is ready to help with your subclass 101 Child visa application. We provide migration services Australia-wide and world wide. So whether you’re in Melbourne or Perth, Brisbane or Sydney or anywhere else we can assist you. Contact us now on +61 39002 1808 to find out more.