What is a Contributory Aged Parent Subclass 884 Temporary Visa?
The subclass 884 Contributory Aged Parent temporary visa lets older parents live in Australia for up to two years if they are the parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.
The Contributory Aged Parent Temporary visa allows parents to spread the costs of Contributory Aged Parent permanent migration over a number of years.
This visa is temporary and cannot be extended or renewed. After arriving in Australia, visa holders have two years to apply for a Contributory Aged Parent subclass 864 permanent visa.
Applicants must be sponsored by a child or spouse of one of their children.
The applicant’s sponsor needs to be settled in Australia which means they must have lived lawfully in Australia for the two years before the application is lodged.
Applicants can be inside or outside Australia when they apply for the visa and when the visa is granted.
Applicants who are in Australia when they apply for the visa are entitled to a bridging visa.
Criteria to be met for a subclass 884 Contributory Aged Parent temporary visa
Applicants for a subclass 884 Contributory Aged Parent temporary visa:
- must have a child who is:
- an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen (An eligible New Zealand citizen is a New Zealand citizen who was living in Australia on 26 February 2001 or for at least one year in the two years immediately before 26 February 2001), and,
- who is lawfully resident in Australia for at least two years (A shorter period may be considered in exceptional circumstances)
- must have a sponsor who will give a written undertaking to provide support for the applicant and their dependant relatives for their first two years of residency in Australia. This is usually the applicant’s child or a spouse of a child.
- must meet the balance-of-family test Applicant’s meet the balance of family test if (a) at last half of the applicant’s children live as permanent residents in Australia or (b) more of the applicant’s children live as permanent residents in Australia than in any other country.
- must meet health and character requirements.must meet the age requirements.
- must meet the age requirements
What are the Age Requirements?
Men must be older than 65 years of age to apply for this visa.
The age requirement for women varies, depending on when you were born.
If the applicant was born:
- before 30 June 1947, applicants can apply at the age of 64
- between 1 July 1947 and 31 December 1948, applicants can apply when they are 64.5 years of age
- after 1 January 1949, applicants can apply when they turn 65.
Australian Express Migration Solution - Migration Agents
Australian Express Migration Solution has a team of parent visa experts who can help with your parent visa application. Call Australian Express Migration Solutions on +61 39002 1808 or book a consultation online here and we'll assess your prospects of success with this Australian Visa. (Fees apply).
CONTRIBUTORY AGED PARENT TEMPORARY VISA COSTS
Cost of a Contributory Aged Parent subclass 884 temporary visa.
The DIBP costs for the subclass 884 Contributory Aged Parent temporary visa are substantial
DIBP application fees:
- Main applicant: $3,770.00
- Dependents (who is atleast 18): $1,880.00
- Dependents (who is less than 18): $945
- Main applicant: $29,130.00
- Dependents (per dependent): $29,130.00
- Dependents (who is dependent child and less than 18): $2095
Australian Express Migration Solution – Migration Agents
Australian Express Migration Solutions has a team of migration agents ready to help with your parent visa application. Our services are available in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Australia-wide and world wide. We are here to assist you.
Call Australian Express Migration Solutions on +61 39002 1808 or book a consultation online and we’ll assess your prospects of success with this Australian Visa. (Fees apply).
WHY USE AUSTRALIAN EXPRESS MIGRATION SOLUTIONS TO APPLY FOR AGED DEPENDENT RELATIVE VISA?
Australian Express Migration Solutions is a firm of migration agents, based in Melbourne
Australian Express Migration Solutions has a team of parent visa experts who can help you with your Aged Dependent Relative visa application.
Contact us now to speak to a Migration Agent who can handle your Aged Dependent Relative visa application for you.
Our migration services are available Australia-wide, so if you need a Migration Agent in Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Hobart, Brisbane or the world, you can rely on Australian Express Migration Solutions to secure your visa for you.
Our team of migration agents are completely dedicated to helping you achieve your dream of your Aged Dependent Relative living in Australia with you.
As one of the most experienced and trusted migration consultancies in the country, Australian Express Migration Solution ’s team of migration agents have established an enviable reputation.
Talk to the immigration firm you can trust to get that visa for you.
Using a successful firm of Migration Agents gives you peace of mind your application will succeed
While it is not the goal of the Department of Immigration to make applying for a visa complex it does have an obligation to ensure that visas are only granted to applicants who meet the criteria for the visa.
Australian immigration laws and requirements change on a regular basis and the Department of Immigration’s interpretation of those laws changes even more frequently, which means the criteria for a visa can change from one day to the next.
Handling your own visa application involves considerable risk when you consider the financial cost and the implications for your work and residency rights if your application fails. One error, however small, can lead to a visa being refused.
Use a Registered Migration Agent to ensure your application is handled professionally
Anyone providing migration advice in Australia must be an OMARA registered migration agent and must comply with the OMARA Code of Conduct.
All Australian Express Migration Solutions’s Migration Agents are OMARA registered and comply with this Code of Conduct.
We are experts in our field and know exactly what it takes to get your visa for you.
Get in touch with the experts today! We are waiting to hear from you.
Call Australian Express Migration Solutions on +61 39002 1808 or book a consultation online and we’ll assess your prospects of success with this visa type (Fees apply).